Founder, Freedom Drum Circles
Motivational Rhythm Facilitator
World Music Percussionist
“If Christopher Ramirez could wake up on a bed of drums, he would.”
Christopher Ramirez founded FREEDOM DRUM CIRCLES (FDC) in Los Angeles, California in 2003. Inspired from his own impenetrable relationship with music and its transformative properties, he started FDC as a means to spark the imagination of many through rhythm and explore the positive benefits of social drumming for people in gatherings such as Team-Building exercises, Educational School Programs and Community Spirit Building programs. He is an established Motivational Rhythm Facilitator, Drum Instructor, and Performer with over 35 years of experience and is recognized for his unique approach to interactive and inclusive rhythm events, especially for those with little to none experience. His International influences in music give a global feel to diversified communities and organizations where he is known for making his events memorable.
“Where there is a heartbeat, there is a rhythm to be played!” – C.R.
Eliciting the natural ability to connect through rhythm, Christopher uses simple universal rhythms within the participant’s skill level. He encourages everyone to play in harmony, creating a rhythmic expression that is powerful and grounding. These participatory music making programs are designed with an emphasis on improvisation and movement allowing people to express themselves and find common connection, thus making it easy and accessible for teachers, counselors, Wellness/Health Organizattions, Corporate Teams and therapists along with people of all age levels, skill levels and backgrounds to participate.
“Making music is for everyone, not only for the skilled musician.” – C.R.
- Guitar Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Alliance of Community Health Plans
- IW Group, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Arts Commission
- Curriculum Associates D.C.
- Music Camps
- Natures Sunshine Products International
- NBC Universal Studios
- Paramount Pictures
- Lionsgate Films
- Sony Entertainment America
- The Home Depot
- The Ford Theater Foundation
- UCLA, UCSB, UCSD, USC
- Center for Spiritual Living Newport Mesa
- Endorsed by The Los Angeles Arts Commission/Ford Theatre
- Endorsed Remo Inc. Artist / Facilitator
- Director – Burbank Drum Circles REMO Recreational Music Center
- Experienced writer for music for commercials, television series “Heart of The City”
- Motivational Drum Circle Facilitator
- Original rock music in Espanol Available on Apple Music and Amazon
- Published a Spanish-rock flagship group, Zerimar, with the LP release “Ritmo Peligroso” (bi-lingual)
- SFSU studied jazz/percussion Bill Perkins Scholarship to the Peter Magadini School of Music
- Trained by Arthur Hull Village Music Drum Circle
- Trained by Christine Stevens HealthRhythms Drum Circle Facilitator
- W.E.A. Latina Warner Brothers/Classica Moderna Recording Artist
- World Music Percussionist/Experienced Musician